Costello Kennedy Landscape Architecture is owned by Matthew Kennedy and operated with his wife, Teresa Costello Kennedy; licensed landscape architects in the State of California.
In 2004 we united our talents to form a studio that specializes in the design of custom residential gardens throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Since then, our portfolio has expanded to include cultural, commercial, educational and housing developments in many locations.
We have many strengths that set our firm apart from other Landscape Architects. In our careers prior to the establishment of CKLA we have had the opportunity to work with successful landscape architectural and landscape contracting firms. This experience exposed us to a diverse group of project types in local and international locations. This foundation was built primarily in the landscape design-build industry which gave us the practical experience of understanding complicated construction scenarios and allowed for our ability to develop creative design solutions. We have an appreciation for developing design work that takes into consideration the site parameters, project budget and scheduling early on in the design process. This has been a useful skill in our development of many successfully built projects.
Our comprehensive services typically include the following:
1. Site analysis and design programming that addresses and responds to the project site’s opportunities and constraints for development.
2. Design studies and master plans that explore the conceptual siting of buildings, universal parking facilities, circulation, and outdoor gathering spaces.
3. Cultural and environmentally sensitive planting designs that address and respond to the project site’s microclimate, water efficiency, and cultural values.
4. Irrigation design that integrates water efficient technology with a responsible planting design.
5. Detailed design development and landscape construction documents
6. Design review and building permit approvals including special documentation for local municipalities (such as MMWD)
7. LEED documentation
8. Bid Analysis
9. Construction Administration
Our mission is to help our clients understand their needs, provide the necessary services to accomplish their goals, make the best uses of their resources, and provide creative design solutions to their problems.
We are a 100% American Indian owned business and certified as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE).